Your eye examination will include:
- a health history
- a distance and near vision assessment
- a refractive analysis
- eye coordination and muscle balance test
- focusing ability and reflex test
- cornea and anterior eye examination
- retina, optic nerve and blood vessel examination
- a peripheral vision assessment
- visual field check and eye pressure check if required.
- Digital retinal photograph of the back of the eye
How much does an eye exam cost ?
Eye tests are now free in Scotland for all U.K. residents under the NHS.
How often should I have an eye exam?
You should have an eye exam every two years if you are between 16 and 59 years old.
Once a year if you:
- are under 16
- are 60 or over
- have ocular hypertentision or diabetes
- have glaucoma, or
- are 40 or over and your mother,father,brother,sister has glaucoma.
If you have problems with your eyes before your next NHS eye examination is due, you should arrange an appointment as soon as possible.